Saturday, October 31, 2009

halloween
D54: Man-Up & Make the Ask

Many photogs I've listened to say that they've stayed away from pj-style street photography for one simple reason.

They don't like asking strangers if they can take their pictures.

Unfortunately, I too suffer from this problem. Too many times I have missed out on a great photo op, simply because I didn't want to bother a stranger and make the ask.

For Halloween night, I wanted to capture some really great images of trick-or-treaters, pumpkins, spooky houses, etc. I found a great house to shoot tonight, but I just felt weird knocking on their door to ask if I could hang out in their front yard for half an hour taking pictures. The worst they could do is say no, so what is this mental block so many togs have?

I need to work on that.

Manual: Page 45 - Memory Card Capacity & Image Size
I think I'm going to pick up (2) 16GB cards this winter, rather than the larger 32GB. I'm starting to have issues w/ one of my current cards, and I'd really like to have some high-capacity back-ups.

Images: Christine Tremoulet
Christine not only captures wonderful images, she also has an awesome deal for a studio-mate! If I was in the Houston area, I would take her up on it in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment