Thursday, October 8, 2009

scout
D31: It's Not Perfect, And That's OK!

Today completes month #1 for my challenge!

It hasn't been a perfect month, nor was today's shot perfect. I didn't have a zoom lens with me, and I left my ISO on 800! I ALWAYS do something like that.

Despite these things, it has been an incredible month, and I have learned so much from my new found photog friends across the country.

Blah, I'm still a little hot under the collar about last night's soapbox rant.

Ok, enough of that for now...

I've listened to so many photographers talk about how they got their start. There are a few that said they came to a literal make-or-break moment. That is the precipice that I am currently standing on. In the next 4 weeks I will either have to dramatically increase fall bookings, or retreat back to the corporate world for at least the winter. Obviously I'd like to stay shooting, as I feel 10 years in the corporate world has bleached much of my creativity.

Time to get moving!

Manual: Page 2 - Overview
Very basic, touches on the importance of reading your manual. We DO have to read every page over the next year, so I don't really think this is cheating.

Images: Dane Sanders - Dane, you ROCK! Your wedding photography makes me want to shoot weddings spring through fall. Your commitment to your clients is absolutely awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment