Saturday, October 17, 2009

trail
D40: The Marks We Leave Behind

Our time on this Earth is precious and limited. When your number is up and move on to whatever existence you believe in, what are you going to leave behind? What are people going to say about you?

Today was a b-e-a-utiful day, sunny & warm on a late October afternoon. People seemed to flock to the mountains in droves today, hoping to catch what could be the last warm weekend until spring. A gentleman on a 4-wheeler stopped and chatted with me about our unseasonably nice weather. He came up to enjoy the mountain air one last time before he put his toys away for the winter.

That got me thinking. How many of you strike while the iron is hot, making the most of every opportunity? How many of you play it safe, missing out on a potentially great experience? I think I have fallen into both of these categories on numerous occasions, but I'm trying my damnedest to fall into the 1st.

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Manual: Page 111 - Two-Button Reset
Ouch, I hope I never need to do this. I'd hate to lose all of the tweaking I've done.

Images: Celina Gomez
Celina takes some amazing wedding photos is Dallas. She appears to have a wonderful attitude, which really shows in her work!

No comments:

Post a Comment