Friday, October 9, 2009

billiards
D32: A New Toy

In my quest for knowledge over the last few months, I realized that I have been a fool. My ignorance kept me from buying a prime lens, thinking that I didn't want to be pinned down by a lack of zoom.

Luckily, over the last 6 weeks, I saw the light.

Earlier today UPS delivered my new toy, courtesy of Pictureline. A fun little Nikon 50mm f/1.8! I'm a little embarrassed that I never took the time to correct my ignorance over the last 6 years. I love this lens and I took it with me to the pool hall last night to meet some friends. On Monday I'm going to play with some "shaped bokeh" techniques. More to follow on that.

Tomorrow I'm going to check out a ski/snowboard "rail jam" that is going on in town. I'm real curious to see how it all works out, with no snow AND it's being held in a parking lot. Interesting.

Manual: Page 3 - Getting To Know the Camera
I decided to get some of these simple pages out of the way over the next week. Hopefully that will let me focus on other endeavors.

Images: Amy Rose King - Amy was my inspiration for next week's shaped bokeh project. She has some really cool images.

No comments:

Post a Comment