Wednesday, October 21, 2009

palm
D44: I'm Dreaming of a Warm Sandy Christmas

It would appear that this dream will have to stay just that. A dream.

This winter would be the 3rd year in a row that I've gone to visit my fam in Hawaii. It does not appear to be in the cards.

Things have slowed down quite a bit on the photography side, convincing me to find a 9-5 until Spring. Finding a decent paying 9-5 right now is kind of like asking Jules Bianchi out for dinner. Slim to none. However, I'm going to do my best to keep an optimistic outlook. I have an underlying feeling that things will start to look up!

Manual: Page 14 - Inserting Batteries
I'm a firm believer in sticking with name brand batteries. Years ago I opted to buy a generic battery as a backup for one of my Nikons. It was about half the cost of an actual Nikon battery. It worked great, for about 3 months. Then it wouldn't hold a charge and was tossed. My ORIGINAL battery for my D70s is over 3 years old and still runs like a champ.

Images: Ira Lippke
I took a look at Ira's wedding work. When I look at a photographer's portfolio, I always gravitate towards their wedding work. As much as I've tried to stay away from weddings, maybe I should be shooting more of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment