Monday, October 26, 2009

pills
D49: Solutions That Cause Problems

Following a knee injury in my early 20's, I developed a slight pill-addiction. Not anything like Oxycontin, just your run of the mill over-the-counter meds. Every day I took a cocktail of pain killers, caffeine, and a few others just to start my day. In fact, I didn't feel like I could even start my day without them.

Luckily, I was able to easily "kick the habit" when a friend of mine pointed it out to me. I honestly don't even think they were doing ANYTHING, I just thought they were helping me. There was nothing inherently addictive about any of them, so it was a fairly easy transition "quitting".

I was cleaning out my gym bag today and found some Excedrin & Vicodin. I decided to play painkiller-legos in my office tonight when I got bored, so I snapped this shot of my handy work.

Manual: Page 31 - Basic Playback
Honestly, I need to get through these basic pages in my manual. I'm learning NOTHING new.

Images: Mark Halper
Tonight I decided to google "photographer" and go with the 1st link that was an actual photographer's website. Mark didn't show up until the 3rd page.

Great images, and some creepy pictures he calls "interludes". They're basically a small flash movie that looks like a portrait, until the subject moves. Kind of a Harry Potter moving-portraits idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment