Tuesday, September 15, 2009

skyline
D8: What I know

Shoot what you know.

I keep hearing that. What I know is the outdoors. I must have shot hundreds of clouds during my senior year of high school. I loved it because every shot is different. I love how the light may only be perfect for a matter of minutes. When it leaves, it leaves you wanting for more. A thirst.


Well, I've decided that I'm going to shoot what I know, but I'm also going to challenge myself. Isn't that what this is all about? I'm going to push myself to get shots that I would never normally think about. Really get outside my comfort zone. I used to have a camera with me more than not. I need to get back to those days.

Manual: Page 6 - Control Panel

I knew most of this. The "flash sync mode" reminded me of how much I have to learn when it comes to creative lighting with flash. I'm thinking I need to visit the world of Zac Arias.

Images: Zac Arias. I would absolutely love to attend one of his One Light Workshops. But they're always sold out. And they're always across the country. Maybe I'll have to settle for his DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment