Saturday, September 26, 2009

lrlc
D:19 Never Lose That Sense of Wonder

"Jason, less go catch a peetot!"

At only two and a half years old, she was determined to catch a peacock on her grandfather's ranch this morning. We tried to sneak up on them, but they proved to be a little too stealthy for a small child that hasn't mastered the art of whispering.

When we came around the corner she stopped at the fence, scanning the property for these elusive creatures. When asked if she was ready to go inside for breakfast, she politely replied "no tanks, imma get a peetot..." Every time she caught a glimpse of a "peetot", her eyes lit up with excitement.

When was the last time you got that excited about something? More importantly, when was the last time you got that excited about photography? I think it's important to remember that, as it's easy to get complacent in our day-to-day lives. I challenge each of you to keep that awe and wonder alive in your photos!

Manual: Page 116 - Photo Information
As I read this, I wondered how many times I get home after a shoot, only to find that I have a few unsalvageable images. How many of these could I have fixed in the field, if I had only paid more attention to the technical data? Have you ever ran into this problem?

Images: Lisa Dillon - I checked out Lisa's senior portrait work in hopes of coming up with some new ideas for my own. Lisa seems to do a good job in keeping her shoots fun. I think that's very important in our business. Have you ever felt that you were boring your clients, just in an effort to get that technically perfect picture? I personally feel that the best picture is the one that captures true emotion, even if it breaks a rule or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment