Sunday, September 20, 2009

sunflower
D:13 Easy Like Sunday Mornin'

With the sun just starting to peak over the tops of the mountains, I headed out. On the way to my destination I stopped for a much needed cup of coffee, and a newspaper.

There is a small chunk of real estate next to the county fairgrounds, full of trees and flowers. The sign describes it as an "All Abilities Trail", and I drive by it every week.

This morning I decided to stop by and check it out.

Small trails wind in & out of trees as you immediately realize what this slightly-hidden gem has to offer. There are many different varieties of flowers, along with some surprises. Pumpkins and corn! Maybe an anonymous community garden? Further investigation will be required.

The sunflowers seemed to be basking in the sun, almost as if they were yawning after the end of a long cool night. I had a hard time choosing between this shot, and the one at the bottom of the page, so I give you both.

Manual: Page 95 - Flash sync modes
I've never used the rear curtain mode. I think I'll play around with it tonight. Which reminds me, I have an SB-600 that needs some TLC.

Images:Listed only as "Natalie from Montana". She has a great gallery of homeless people. With each person, she didn't just ask if she could take their picture. She sat down and had a conversation. Great images, and amazing stories.



flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment