Friday, September 25, 2009

sunset2
D:18 On The Road Again

I got an invitation from a friend this week to join his family on a weekend trip. They were going to visit family, and there was to be a pig roast.

How could I possibly turn him down?

So here we are, barreling down the interstate as I write today's post. As the sun started to set, it seemed to light the sky on fire. This provided a perfect backdrop for the little farms dotting the countryside. Setting up the tripod would have perfectly captured this moment, but we were on a deadline. Instead, I cranked up the ISO and opened the aperture wide. It didn't quite turn out perfect, but neither do most road-trips. We're sure to encounter our share of bumps along the way, and that's part of what makes it memorable.

Manual: Page 200 - Advanced Menus
There are so many custom features in most of today's DSLR's, it's almost a waste not to learn them. I guess there will always be hobbyists out there that spend thousands of dollars on equipment, yet never take it out of 'auto' mode.

Images: David Bean - He does a lot of advertising/lifestyle work, and his images are incredibly rich in color & contrast. Every new photographer that I come across makes me yearn for more lenses. They're coming. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment