Thursday, September 17, 2009

horse-grazing
D10: Creeping Out The Neighbors

Why is it that when you pull over to the side of the road in a rural area and start taking pictures, EVERYONE looks at you funny? I know they didn't see a booger hanging out of my nose as they passed me doing 40mph in a 30. Or did they?

Not much post-processing. I brightened up the shadows in the background, due to the fact that I was a little late getting set up. I take a lot of sunset/evening photos. It seems to be a perfect compliment/example of my procrastinating nature. I had to crop out about a 1/3 of the picture. I didn't think the neighbors would like the strange man in the street, walking through their field.(not enough time to ask permission)

As I was driving back down the canyon I saw this old dilapidated tractor just off the side of the road. I had to stop. I pulled just off the road, in the entrance of someone's long country driveway. After I finished snapping pictures I glanced at the house I was parked in front of. It looked abandoned, like someone defaulted on their mortgage and skipped town in the middle of the night. BUT, there was a rabbit pen with healthy-looking LIVE rabbits inside, about 30 yards down the driveway. It was one of those houses where the main entrance is on the 2nd floor, and there is a sliding glass door where you would expect a garage door to be at ground level. The door was slightly ajar, and everything inside looked dark. I couldn't really tell if someone was just letting fresh air in, or if the house was just left that hastily.

There was a car in the driveway, which lead me to believe SOMEONE had to be there. Probably even alive. The whole experience just had a creepy curiosity to it. It's that moment in the movie where you think "THEY CANNOT POSSIBLY BE THAT F*@#ING STUPID! DO NOT GO INTO THE HOUSE!"

Good thing I agree. I promptly got into my car and drove off.

Manual: Page 162 - Mirror Lock-Up

I fear that I have a small speck of something evil on my sensor. I risked cleaning the sensor directly about a year ago. No problems so far. Am I daring enough to risk it a second time? Sadly, yes.

Images:Juan Pons - Good outdoor shots, just another reminder that I'm not going to Portland this weekend. Damn responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment