Thursday, September 24, 2009

moon
D:17 Giving Back

Yes, I realize that tonight's image is very similar in composition to last night's image. Once again, I had something completely different planned for today. Someone once said, "Life is what happens while you're making plans.." and it couldn't have been more true today.

I received a phone call from a friend that needed some help - just a simple errand really. As I went out to my truck to pick him up, one of my neighbors flagged me down. She has been quite sick lately and has been confined to her house for the last year. She felt good enough today to get out for some fresh air, but quickly learned that her car battery was dead. I hopped on over and got her taken care of, feeling quite good about it!

After I was done helping everyone that had called me, I ran into some friends that I haven't seen in months. I was in a hurry, and it would have been easy to just wave and keep walking; however, I felt the need to stop and say hi. After we played catch-up, I noticed that I had lost my light for the day and I drove home. Well wouldn't you know it, the moon was just hanging around, waiting for me to get home! I quickly ran inside to get my tripod & gear, and captured this image after about a dozen attempts.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Today's chain of events led me directly to this photo. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

Manual: Page 24 - Basic Photography
How many of you forget the very basics every now & then? I do! Who knows how many times I've left my lens cap on, or left my memory card in my bag.

Images: Gary Crabbe - Gary does landscape/travel photography, and a LOT. He has some absolutely b-e-a-utiful images. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start traveling more if I'm going to expand my outdoor skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment