Monday, September 14, 2009

water
D7: Release
Week 1. It's finally over.

There were times where I didn't think I was going to make it. I walk around the house all day, waiting for inspiration to hit me. It doesn't. "They" say that you should shoot what you know. Well, I know the outdoors. Is that why it's so hard for me to come up with interesting ideas in a studio?

Perhaps I should spend a little more time outside, hunting for those special little moments. I feel like I have "shooter's block". Does that even exist? I'm sure it does.

Once on TV, I saw a cool time-lapse photo of what happens when you pop a water balloon. I always wanted to try capturing that on film. I became quite frustrated with my camera, because she can't shoot any faster than 1/500 with her flash on. I'll bet if I took the time to read my manual, I could come up with a solution. But alas, I am a man, and not a fan of reading manuals.

Other than my daily page, of course.

Manual: Page 20 - Inserting Memory Cards

Well look at that, I found a shortcut. Rarely do I format my cards in-camera, I usually save that task for the computer. Well this nifty little book 'o instructions just taught me how to format without going through the menu.

Honestly, how many simple things have I not learned about my camera(s)?

Images: Scott Bourne. I've always loved his work. Looking at his images makes me wish I were a little closer to more lakes. Perhaps I'll have to arrange a road trip now that fall is approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment