Tuesday, September 29, 2009

olympus
D:22 Is That a Pen-D?

During my teenage years my grandfather from Hawaii would give me old cameras, just little souvenirs before I flew home. Most were in varied states of disrepair. One old Nikon worked very well and produced excellent images. Unfortunately after over a decade of moves, the trusty old Nikon has vanished. I still get a little sad thinking about it.

I still have many of his old cameras, most of which are just decorations on bookshelves. I pulled one off of the shelf tonight to try some new lighting techniques.

As I looked through my shots in Lightroom, I realized that this camera was an Olympus Pen-D, manufactured around 1962. I've had these cameras for so long that I've never spent any amount of time to learn anything about them. It's interesting what you can learn about things around you when you just take the time to look.

Manual: Page 82 - M: Manual (Exposure)
I usually shoot in manual mode. It's just something I've grown used to.

Images: Jim Goldstein - Another awesome landscape photographer. I actually had a chance to talk briefly with Jim on-line today. I have an idea for a new copyright logo inspired by his. I'm awaiting approval to go ahead with my design. How do you protect your images?

No comments:

Post a Comment