Friday, September 11, 2009

8 Years

911-flag-2
D4: Remembering
Most Americans, and for that matter most people around the world, remember where they were this day 8 years ago.

I woke up to a frantic phone call from my girlfriend.

"...blah..blah..World Trade Center..blah..blah..terrorists.."


I couldn't understand most of what she was saying. I was confused and tired. I walked into the living room, turned on the tv, and sat down. Am I still asleep? This can't seriously be happening. Not us, not in America.

Over the last 8 years we as a country have had steady reminders of the surreal and tragic day. Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME I look at a clock and the time is 9:11, brief images flash through my head, reminding me.

A fellow tog made an interesting comment today.

"Dear America, I hate to say that I'm FAR more concerned about your future on 9/11/09 than I was 9/11/01. What are we doing with ourselves?!"

Manual: Page 46 - Sensitivity (ISO Equivalency)

Ironic. I forgot to turn down the ISO today when I was taking pics. Fortunately it wasn't fatal, but there were a few shots that were noisier than I would have liked.

Images: Jim Garner. American Photo Magazine named him one of the 10 best wedding photographers in the world. Inspiring work. On the other hand, it's nice to know that even someone that amazing has a few pics in his portfolio that just don't "do it" for me. Kinda reinforces the reality that not everyone will love your work, no matter how good you are. Still though, love his stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment