Sunday, September 13, 2009

Creamsicle Sunset

sunset
D6: On The Same Page
I was driving home from the grocery store this afternoon and I noticed we were in for a decent sunset. Not one of those super-ridiculous-omg sunsets, but a decent one nonetheless.


With my trusty D70s in hand, I found a good vantage point that included the industrial factory on the outskirts of town. With the layout in my head before I even arrived, I was able to find the perfect spot to park so that I didn't waste time and loose my light.

After a few clicks I headed into my neighborhood, noticing a great cluster of clouds. The way the sun was hitting them, they seemed to come to life. I decided to rush home(only 2 blocks at the point) and get the shot from there. As I drove down the street, there must have been at least a half-dozen other people outside trying to capture the same shot. Sadly, the dusky dance of the storm clouds was short-lived, with the sun dipping behind the horizon within minutes.

Still, it was nice to capture what I did.

Manual: Page 107 - Using a Remote Control

I had no idea that the cordless remote could also control the bulb setting. I've always used the remote cable for this.

Images: Jeremy Hall. Good stuff. Some really great macro work. Reminds me that I need to diversify my lenses a LOT more.

No comments:

Post a Comment