Saturday, September 12, 2009

Closed for the season

closed
D5: The End of Summer
Sometimes I wish we had "scratch-n-sniff" pictures on the internet. What you can't smell from looking at this photo, is the pig roast that is going on next door. It smelled AMAZING.


Have you ever returned home from a day of shooting, and you feel like you camera decided to sensor your work? Today was one of those days. I'm pretty sure that one of my cameras decided she needed to delete some pictures from today's shoot. That has to be the case, because I KNOW that I took more pictures than what I came home with.

Yes, I believe my cameras are conspiring against me.

I cannot tell you how many times I get home, dump my cards, and am annoyed with something I overlooked on the shoot.

Oh well, I guess that is what this is all really about. Improving EVERYTHING.

Today's shot coincided with an end-of-the-summer BBQ I was invited to. Good food, good friends, good bye summer.

Manual: Page 136 - The HELP Button

Again with the irony. Need to know what something is in your camera menu, and you don't want to pull out your manual? Just hit the help button. I have never used this button, although I cannot recall the number of times I wonder what a particular technical-looking setting does. I never think to "ask" for help.

I'm also not sure that I should freely admit there are functions of my cameras that I have never used. Or even fooled around with. They go unnoticed, year after year.

Maybe tomorrow...

Images: Jen Basford(3 Girls Photography). Browsed through the family section looking for some inspiration. I have a few family shoots coming up and for some reason I'm nervous. They are all very laid-back people, and I know them personally. Maybe that is the issue. Part of me is so worried that they won't like my work. I can handle strangers not liking my work, but I crave the approval of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment