Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ice2
D81: Details

On the way to check the mail this morning, I stopped to take a picture of some icicles hanging from a juniper bush. How often do you stop and actually study icicles? Once I loaded my images into Lightroom, I immediately noticed a very unique texture on the ice. I haven't the foggiest clue on how this would form, but it was quite interesting.

(and now the conclusion to yesterday's story...)

I may never be able to afford all of the new equipment on my wish list. Instead, I am committed to producing increasingly better images with my current equipment.

I will never stop learning from my peers, and I hope for a day that I can give back to them.

Today's big thanks goes out to Tasra & Ron Dawson.

Tasra is the reason that I started this project. Without her, I may never have decided to push the "reset" button on my photography. Tasra got me out of my comfort zone, exploring areas of photography that I've never even considered before. When I'm in a slump, I always go to her site for inspiration.

Ron has truly given me an inside look into the minds of so many photographers. I listen to Ron's podcasts at the gym, in the car, or while I'm editing photos at home. Ron has given me a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the lives of so many talented photographers. It is because of Ron's interviews that I truly feel I will one day make it in this industry I love.

Thank you Dawson family!

Manual: Page 165 - USB
Does anyone really use the USB connection on their camera anymore? I think just about every computer on the market now has a memory card reader.

Images:Scarlett Lillian
I just finished watching Scarlett on today's askdane.com episode. She's such a neat person, and I absolutely love her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment