Monday, January 11, 2010

change
D66: Acceptance

Discovering the truth about your dreams can be a hard pill to swallow.

The truth is, photography has become severely undervalued in my community, and it may never recover. Our area has an endless supply of "photographers" who just picked up a $400 SLR with a kit lens. I am saddened when I look at the quality of work being produced around here.

I am a firm believer that you can make it as a photographer without a formal education. However, you still need some type of education. "Spray & Pray" is practiced far too often, and guarantees that you will never progress as an artist.

It really seems that I will have to leave the area if I am to pursue the direction that I so desire. To succeed in my current location would mean high-volume, lower prices. Personally, I feel that is an equation that will result in a love-loss for the art.

What does that mean for me? It means that I'm going to take things one day at a time. It means that my photography will, for now, remain a side-job.

Manual: Page 76 - Exposure Mode
Great. Another reminder of my kryptonite. Perhaps one day I'll make it through an entire month without leaving the ISO on the wrong setting.

Images: Cyrus Khamak
More bug macro work. I really like how his images are vivid, but have a really soft feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment