Saturday, January 9, 2010

dvds
D64: /sabbatical

Wow. Two months and no posts.

Its almost enough to make me want to quit my 365 project.

Almost.

I'm really good at letting life get in the way of things. I got all tied up doing things that I can't even remember now, and I missed a few days of shooting photos. Days turned into weeks, and I quickly felt lost. I decided that I was going to suspend my 365 project indefinitely. It didn't feel organic anymore, everything felt forced.

I coasted through the holidays, avoiding my cameras. Suddenly we felt like strangers to each other, passing in the hallway with nothing to say. I would occasionally glance over at my shooting table to see my cameras in an unchanging spot. As a photographer, its quite sad to think that your gear may start to collect dust before you pick it up again.

This morning I decided to go through a stack of DVD's sitting on my desk. They had been piling up for months, and it was time for them to find more suitable accommodations.

When I completed my task, I had a small stack of unlabeled DVD's left, waiting to be popped into the computer to ascertain their contents. Before I knew it, I was arranging them in different ways and taking pictures! I was back!

Will I be able to finish my project sans another sabbatical? Hopefully.

Manual: Page 64 - Focus Mode
I have used AF-C in the past, but I have almost exclusively used AF-S on all of my cameras. I'm really excited to put together a day dedicated to testing different settings. I'm thinking that will have to wait until spring.

Images: Igor Siwanowicz
Igor does some killer macro work! Check him out. I think I'll dedicate this week to macro.

No comments:

Post a Comment