Sunday, February 28, 2010

popcorn
D114: I Hate Sugar!

Or at least I hate the fact that I like sugar. I avoid sugar as much as humanly possible, and I generally refuse to buy anything candy related. I do well enough at avoiding it, but when I do partake I usually get sick.

Kind of a fitting punishment, don't ya think?

Well today was filled with things far more important than me taking pictures, so I decided to take a shot of "S'mores Delight". Its from a local popcorn shop here in town. They've been in business for about 7 years, and I stop in ever few months to say hi, and pick up some popcorn. Sure, I could get popcorn for way way cheaper at the grocery store, but that is not what my visits are about.

My visits are about supporting local business.

The internet has become a valuable tool in keeping many retail markets competitive. However, I feel that we are too quick to look to the internet to save a buck or two. You might have saved $2.23 on that new book you wanted, but what does it cost you in the long run? Local Mom & Pop operations are a dying breed, and that makes me a little sad. There is an intrinsic value to shopping at a store where they know your name year after year.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should NEVER buy things online. I buy things online from time to time, especially when I can't find them locally. If I can't find a substantial discount online, along with some good service, I keep my dollars here in town.

That's just me.

Manual: Page 120 - Taking A Closer Look: Playback Zoom

Images:Luis VallecilloLuis is amazing with his lighting. That is one area that I am completely lacking on the equipment side.

No comments:

Post a Comment