Monday, February 8, 2010

legoweek7
D94: Curtain Call

If you didn't get a chance to follow the complete saga, here ya go:
Introduction
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6

The stage is dark tonight. The Legolier murder has been solved, and all is well with the universe.

What did I learn this week? Well, I learned that sometimes less is more. I opted to focus on the characters instead of building custom backdrops, which was also a great time-saver. Shooting Legoliers(that's what I named their race) for a full week allowed me to just play, not worrying about finding a good location for the "image of the day". The series became more about the plot lines than perfecting the technical aspect.

With everything said & done, I'm glad I chose to do the series. I learned a few things about shooting with an infinity backdrop, and I was able to de-clutter my brain. I think from time to time, we all need something to clear our minds. I feel the creative juices starting to flow once more. Tomorrow I begin shooting in the real world again. I wonder what I will find?

Manual: Page 141 - Custom Setting 4: AF Assist
I first learned how to turn this feature off when I was trying to capture some candid shots in a crowd just after sunset. Having that little lamp light up every time you're focusing a shot was causing my subjects to pose for the camera, thus killing my intended shots.

Images:Gray Scott
Gray has some beautiful images from the fashion industry. They remind me that I know absolutely nothing about fashion! I am ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment