Monday, March 1, 2010

alley
D115: Getting Out Of My Comfort Zone

This mon-fri I decided to confine myself to the east side of our downtown area for my images.

The rules are simple:
1. All travel has to be done on foot
2. I can only shoot with my 50mm
3. I can only use the available light

I'm hoping this will help me overcome my "composition block" I've been experiencing. My hindsight is a perfect 20/20 when it has come to composition lately. I'll be editing in post and realize a few little tweaks I should have done. Its not just about getting-it-right in-camera, I'm also working on getting-it-right in my head.

After I was satisfied with today's image, I stopped at the coffee shop inside of our local co-op. If you read my posts, you know that I'm a huge supporter of local businesses, so stopping in was a no-brainer. I enjoyed a great cup of coffee and I'm thinking perhaps I'll do this week's posts from there?

Manual: Page 113 - More About Playback

Images:Dan Mitchell
Today I took a look at Dan's nature images. Great stuff there, reminded me that I need to start planning my summer photo weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment