Monday, February 22, 2010

hay
D108: Let It Melt Away

Stress, that is. This last weekend saw the passing of my grandfather, and the birthday of my mother. Growing up in Hawai'i, one of the skills in my grandfather's wheelhouse was that of a tour guide. I'd like to think that my mom is taking a turn at the helm, showing my grandfather "the ropes".

Luckily I have amazing family & friends to get through it all. I spent a portion of the weekend with a great friend that is an endless well of understanding and humor. Sometimes vino & zombies are just what the doctor ordered.

Today I decided to get out of town for a bit, in hopes of finding some hoar frost. The weather was not conducive to my desires, so I decided to take the scenic route home through the countryside. Whenever I saw a photo op I pulled off to the side of the road. No schedule. No time frame. No to-do list.

For me, there is something therapeutic about aimlessly driving the back-roads of our great nation. Singing along to the radio, thinking about problems, unwinding the stresses that life imposes on us.

While singing along to the radio today I was inspired. Have you ever heard a song that you've heard a million times before, but its as if you're listening to it for the first time? This happened to me today. I have an idea for a series of photos that is so exciting(to me) that I'm freaking out. It could take the better part of the next year, and that's all I'm going to share about it for now.

How do you unwind?

Manual: Page 103 - FV Lock

Images:Jerry Ghionis
Jerry does great work and I love his story. Just listened to his interview with Ron Dawson today.

No comments:

Post a Comment