Friday, March 5, 2010

shelter
D119: Shelter

As I walked around in the rain this morning trying to find the final image for this week's series, I ended right where I began.

Today's image is actually located directly below, the stairs of Monday's image. I have walked past this spot almost every morning this week, and it always gets me thinking.

Who's belongings are these?
Do they sleep here every night?
Have they survived the winter?
How did they get to this point?

When I come across the cliche portraits of homeless people, the images don't really interest me unless they come with a story. I really like when a photographer takes the time to talk with the individual and learn something about them.

This week has been interesting, and I discovered my new favorite coffee shop downtown. I'm undecided on what next week series will be, or even what I will shoot this weekend. That's ok though, I'm on the right path to gaining a little more creativity.

Manual: Page 189 - Notes On Optional Speedlights

Images:Thomas Lowe
I looked at Thomas' flickr images and I really like some of his nature work. Can't wait for summer to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment