Sunday, November 8, 2009

webstats
D62: Pay It Forward

I recently started a blog for the business side of my photography, separate from this blog. With no budget for advertising, I decided to try something new. Some friends of mine just had a baby, and I just bought a new 50mm lens. I've never shot newborn pics before, so I offered to do the job for free to gain some experience.

The images turned out better than I had hoped, and the parents were thrilled. They wrote about it on their facebook page and included a link to my blog. As you can see, the views to my page skyrocketed overnight. I've already had some people show interest in future bookings, so this might just work out!

Manual: Page 60 - Controlling Vividness: Saturation
I might play with these settings a bit, but I've never had any problems.

Images: Melanie Alvarez
Melanie does primarily family portraits. I really like some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment